Work With Us!
12th January 2021
STUDIO & PRODUCTION MANAGER
Variety Hour is a Melbourne label founded in 2016 by Textile Designer Cassie Byrnes, creating print-focused pieces produced in thoughtfully small batches. Across clothes, accessories, homewares, art and more, each Variety Hour pattern starts as a hand-painted artwork that's adapted into a range of universally loved products made to complement a cheerful mood.
At Variety Hour we believe in the power of art to change lives. We create for women of all ages, sizes and stories in mind, and are proud of our role in the local textile design community and love meeting our beautiful customers in our Gertrude Street store and studio space.
Our small but mighty team are looking to grow with an exciting new addition of a Studio Production Manager. Depending on the right person and level of experience, this role could be part time (3 or 4 days a week), or full time. We are open to being flexible for the right person.
You’ll be joining a team of 4, consisting of our Shop Manager, Shop Girl, a Content Producer and Designer & Owner Cassie. As our Studio & Production Manager, you’ll be the heart of our operation and will play a huge role in helping the business grow.
Your responsibilities will consist of managing all operations at VH across our studio and production. Working as the right hand / wing woman to Cassie, your will lead and deliver on our production schedule including timelines, building supplier relationships, ordering add ons, stock management, quality control and all the other crazy jobs that go into manufacturing clothing in Australia. You will also help manage our studio and assist the team with anything and everything.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing all production calendars and the production process from start to finish.
- Managing budgets, timelines and ensuring stock is delivered on time and to order.
- Developing strong relationships with our suppliers
- Stock management and quality control.
- Organise all add ons like labels, zips etc
- Preparing specification documents for production
- Drop off and pick up clothing from our manufacturer
- In charge of running our Fitzroy Studio. Making sure we have enough stationary, sorting building works, staff holidays, social events, printing, all the things!
- Assist the shop team with online orders during peak periods
- Assist on photoshoots
- Input with visual merchandising of our VH store window.
Some things that will help you be great at this job
- You have some career experience or interest in production or manufacturing. This would be beneficial but not imperative.
- You’re super organized and have great project management skills to manage multiple timelines and deadlines.
- Have a can-do attitude and are willing to help out at all levels of the business. We’re a tiny team and all wear lot’s of different hats.
- Thrive in the crazy chaotic environment of retail and production. You’re calm under pressure and can keep projects on track even if there’s a few curveballs thrown in.
- You’re confident and direct and happy to pick up the phone to our suppliers or go visit them.
- An Australian driver’s license is very beneficial.
We are a very close team who loves a lol and a group chat sesh and can offer you a great place to work in a growing business. We pride ourselves on our culture and respect for each other, we are all equal and come to work together to create great things.
The role will ideally start in February 2021 working from our Fitzroy HQ. Salary is variable and will be based on experience.
If this sounds like you, please email Cassie at firstname.lastname@example.org before the 29th January 2021.